Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving.  A time for us to reflect on our lives and give thanks for all of our blessings. 

This year I am thankful for my family.  I have a loving husband and two great children.  I am thankful to have a roof over my head and food on my table.  I am thankful for my friends, the ones that have stuck by me through thick and thin, the ones that I have reconnected with, and the new ones that I have made.  I am thankful for a job that allows me to volunteer in various charities including CHERUBS.  I am thankful that my mom & my in-law's are able to join us for a long weekend.  I am thankful for a loving brother and sister that are there for me whenever I need a laugh, a hug or just someone to talk with.

I know there are times when it is very difficult to give thanks.  This year my brother-in-law passed away.  And this weekend is the fifth anniversary of my dad's passing.  But I am thankful for the time that we had together.  I am thankful for the memories that we created.  They may be gone, and the pain of losing them will always be there, but they will live on in our memories.  And to that I am thankful. 

I hope that each of you take a little time to reflect on your blessings and give thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment