Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year's Resolutions Revisited

We are almost half way through the first month of 2011.  Hard to believe isn't it?  Where does time go?

How are we doing on those resolutions?  I've improved, but I'm not where I want to be on them.  But, the way I look at it, I have a whole year to improve.  After all, it is a resolution for the whole year.  By the end of this year, I want to be better than I was the previous year at that time.  Maybe I don't see it the way I should, but each to his own, right?

I've been focusing more on my family.  I'm trying to get projects done that I've promised over and over again to complete.  I've been watching what I eat a lot more.  And that doesn't just mean watching it go from my plate to my mouth. : )  I've been trying to make more balanced meals for my family.  Trying to eat at home more than out.  I'm trying to work with my son on his homework.  He is having a hard time focusing at home and in class.  And we've been spending more time as a family.  Must be working because my daughter even mentioned it the other night on how much she appreciates us being able to sit around and talk at night after dinner.

I've been trying to do volunteering in different aspects this year.  I want to know my volunteering is making a difference.  I still volunteer at my son's school, but more for the teacher than as a whole.  I've been trying to come up with more CDH awareness ideas.  So far, one is that my son's science fair project is "What is CDH?".  Since he's still in 2nd grade I can help him out with it a little more than I would next year.  I decided it was a perfect way of bringing awareness to his school.

Keep working on those resolutions.  Even if the year didn't go exactly the way you intended, in my eyes you still have another 11 1/2 months to work on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment