Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Storm

Well, Minnesota, we are having another reminder of why our state is affectionately known as MinneSNOWta".  I've read that our area received anything from 17"-22" in about a 24 hour period.  I wonder how much we've received to date.  With this much snow already, it seems like it is going to be a long winter.  Did I say long winter?  Wait, winter doesn't start until December 21st.  It is still fall here.  Welcome to MinneSNOWta.

Now we are in the bone chilling subzero temperatures.  And we won't even get into the wind chill factor.  People outside our state just don't understand what it is like.   

Since diesel and cold temperatures don't go well together, I decided to take my son to school myself rather than letting him ride the bus. It only took a few seconds for him to cough a little bit from the cold taking his breath away.  I'm so glad that he is getting old enough to realize when that happens he needs to wear a scarf or breath into his jacket to warm the air a bit for him.  

Today the cold temperatures outside will keep me in the house baking cookies and cleaning while listening to Christmas music.  I feel so Becky Homecky having warm cookies just out of the oven when the kids walk through the door after school.  I'm also taking the time to vote for CHERUBS and the other projects for kids in the Pepsi Refresh Project.  In case you lost the link, here it is again.  

http://voteforkids.blogspot.com/
Take care and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment