Wednesday, February 23, 2011

That Ah-ha Moment

Have you ever wanted to do something that would make a difference, but feel like you are just spinning your wheels?  Your try and try and wonder if you aren't going anywhere because you aren't trying hard enough or doesn't anybody really care?  Then along comes the Ah-ha moment when you realize you are making a difference.  That happened to me today.

I know that I promised that I would try to keep this blog up-to-date, be much more diligent about writing.  Then I became a little depressed.  Did anybody really care about what I was writing?  Was anybody really reading it?  I admit that I took a little break to wonder if I was doing the right thing or not.  Why was I wanting to be a part of CHERUBS?  Was it really where I was suppose to be? 

Then Dawn, the founder of CHERUBS, sent out a video about the volunteer responsibilities.  That desire to help out was renewed a little bit.  I wasn't doing my responsibilities like I should have and I was feeling guilty.  I checked my e-mails only to find three responses from the letters that I had written to the CHERUBS members.  Each of them told me their story and how they would like to help out in MN!  How great is that?  That desire to help out is burning much greater now. 

I have once again realize why I am volunteering.  I want to make a difference.  I am making a difference.  I will make a difference in the future, but only by doing what I am suppose to be doing.  Even when I don't see immediate results, I know that I AM making a difference. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment